Important Safety Information:
PLEASE plan your event with safety in mind. The following points may help:
- We have tried to ensure that you will be able to reach your chosen spectator viewing area without walking on the special stage. If you decide to leave the stage prior to the last competitor, PLEASE ensure that you walk on the pathways or behind the tree line. All the competitors will be travelling at high speeds and spectators are strongly advised NOT to walk on the rally route.
- All spectators are reminded that motorsport can be dangerous and despite us taking all reasonable precautions, unavoidable accidents can happen. In respect of these, you are present at your own risk.
- We ask that you obey all instructions of safety marshals, spectator marshals and Gardai officers in relation to your safety and that of others.
- Please make sure you dress to take full account of the weather. Also remember to wear sturdy footwear for typical forest conditions. Please be aware that the weather at the time of the event can be wet and extremely cold especially for the early morning and late afternoon stages.
- Please do not bring your dogs to the event as they can be startled by the loud noises and cause a danger to others – disabled assistance dogs only (on leads at all times.)
- Children and infants should ALWAYS be accompanied by an adequate amount of adults at all times who are responsible for their behaviour and safety.
- Beware of flying stones and uneven or slippery surfaces.
- Stay above the track (never below).
- Do no stand in the straight-on position – you will be removed.
- Respect the signs and the tape. Prohibited area MEANS prohibited area.
Spectator Code of Conduct:
- Please be considerate to other spectators to ensure everyone can enjoy the event.
- Listen to the marshals – they are there to help you and ensure the event runs within the safety guidelines prescribed by the FIA and the MSA, the governing body of UK Motor Sport.
- If you do not abide by the instructions of marshals and event officials, the stage may be stopped or cancelled.
- Marshals and officials have the right to work without being abused or threatened. Abusive, threatening or violent behaviour towards officials (who are all volunteers) will not be tolerated and spectators will be evicted from the event.
- Please take all litter home with you or place it in the skips or black bags provided for this purpose.
- Do not light fires or barbeques. They can cause major fires with serious consequences.
- Do not bring fireworks to the event. They are very dangerous and could cause a serious incident with either other spectators or the competitors.
- Much of the Rally takes place in areas containing significant agricultural, forestry and nature conservation interests. Please follow the Countryside Code at all times.
- Consider your own safety and that of others at all time.